2012 was a great year for NARF and the Tribes we serve. Highlights included:
- $ millions in trust fund settlements for more than 40 tribes
- First round victories in Klamath Basin Adjudication
- Federal grants for Native education pilot programs
Looking forward, 2013 will present a number of new challenges.
- Protection of Native sacred places
- Protections against strip mining devastation for tribes in Alaska and Wisconsin
- Finding a “Carcieri fix” for tribes hoping to take land into trust
- Search for a path to boarding school healing
- Defending Native voting rights
You can be proud that as our advocate you preserve tribal existence, protect tribal natural resources, promote Native American human rights, make governments accountable to Native Americans, develop Indian law and educate the public about Indian rights, laws and issues.
On behalf of the Attorneys, Board, Staff & Clients of the Native American Rights Fund, I ask you to give your most generous year-end gift now.
Best Wishes for a New Year filled with Peace, Happiness and Hope!