Monday, February 2, 2015
NARF's Anchorage office seeks Office Manager/Legal Secretary
POSITION: Office Manager/Legal Secretary
CLOSING DATE: February 17, 2015
The Native American Rights Fund is a nonprofit law firm representing Tribes,
organizations, and individuals in Indian law cases of major significance. NARF has offices in Anchorage, Alaska, Boulder, Colorado, and Washington, D.C. NARF is looking for an Office Manager/Legal Secretary to provide legal support for its staff attorneys in the Anchorage, Alaska, office.
1. Three or more years relevant on-the-job experience. Ability to read, write, spell, punctuate, and use appropriate grammar in order to accurately perform assigned tasks. Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
2. Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Word Perfect and Microsoft Word; Windows; spreadsheet, database, document management, e-mail and web applications; PowerPoint; E-Scan; WorldDox; Concordance; or other similar software.
3. Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a copier, fax machine, typewriter, computer (desktop and laptop), projector, and 10-key calculator.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Work may occasionally require a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and other essential duties.
5. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of people, including reporting back to attorneys upon completion of a job undertaken at their request. Ability to provide information and assistance with ordinary courtesy and tact.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is highly competitive with generous benefits.
Please send via mail, fax, or email: (1) a letter of interest, (2) complete resume, and (3) three professional references. Mailing address: Erin Dougherty, Native American Rights Fund, 745 W. 4th Avenue, Suite 502, Anchorage, Alaska 99501. Fax: (907) 276-2466. Email: dougherty –at– narf.org. Alaska Natives, Native Americans, and Native Hawaiians are encouraged to apply.